Tuesday 31 December 2013

So, What's In Store For Two-Oh-One-Four?

It's New Year's Eve and I'm sat, as my previous post hinted I might be, by the radiator with my dog by my side, indulging in a few minutes of peace.

I'm not one for resolutions. They don't work for me and they don't float my boat. But, if I am the archetypal donkey, goals set are my absolute favourite type of carrot. They keep me trotting in the right direction and their tempting allure guarantees my own kind of perpetual movement.

So, in a personal post, here's what's in store for my two-oh-one-four...

Walking - I achieved my goal of this year to walk 1,000 miles and next year, I'm aiming for 1,250. I also plan on hot-stepping my way around the Isle of Wight Challenge

Writing - Book number three is starting to tumble from my fingertips and even if it doesn't see the light of day, it will be researched and written by this time next year.

Cooking - I will be expanding my repertoire of recipes and will cook four new dishes every month. They may or may not be universally acclaimed but I'll keep going....

Snapping - After the amazing experience of Emily Quinton's MakeLight Workshop, my love of photography continues. I want to document the year, improve my skills and use my DSLR more regularly.

Eating - I love food and as Mr Apple presented me a copy of the Michelin Guide for Christmas, I now have a list of 12 places to visit this year and visit them I shall.

Reading - I should now perhaps admit my lazy streak and own up to the fact that I can re-read my favourite books over and over. Rather like comfort eating for the brain, I turn to these trusty titles too much. So, in 2014, I will read at least 12 new books.

and, finally, possibly the most important goal of all...

Living - More time with those I love, more breaks and experiences, more fun and maybe a little more time for me.

So, that's what's in store so come on two-oh-one-four, I'm ready and waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Here's to dreaming bigger, planning wildly, consuming all of the books and expanding our brains together in 2014! I'm so glad that 2013 brought you into my life and business & look forward to the next 364 days of extreme inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete