Sunday 17 March 2013

17th March 2013 - The Week That Was

And with the blink of an eye, another week has gone. The eye joke there is slightly relevant as I've spent most of the week squinting mistily at the world through my swollen shut eye (yukky eye infection - boo and hiss). However, despite the fact I look like a rather pathetic boxer, it's still been a flipping good week...

  • A trip to London for the Man Ray exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery and walking around London in the cold sunshine.
  • Going for a gorgeous Thai lunch and being told by the waitress that she's never seen a woman eat as much!
  • A record breaking day on the blog for the first part of the 'Finding Your Voice' series (part two on Monday 18th March!)
  • A visit to a really beautiful venue in Hampshire and a very interesting conversation with the owners.
  • Arranging to meet more wonderful industry types over the coming weeks.
  • An invitation to the Love Scarlett party. Outfit selection has already started!
  • Baking lots - with my son for his school Red Nose Day bake-sale and for me, just for fun.
  • Walking with my beautiful dog in the pouring rain, laughing at her leaping in huge puddles and both of us getting very muddy.
  • Being told by several people I really respect that they like my writing.
  • Having two features commissioned by national magazines - wooo-hooo!
  • A rainy Saturday afternoon in front of the fire with a cup of tea and one of my all-time favourite books.
  • Son being so inspired about photography and saying "Mummy, can we set up a shoot after dinner?".
  • A beautiful anniversary card from Mr Apple - because every month is worth celebrating.






No comments:

Post a Comment