Sunday 24 March 2013

24th March - The Week That Was

Firstly, I hope you're all warm and snug on this bitingly bitter Sunday. As we skid sideways towards Easter, it's almost impossible to think that next weekend we change the clocks and welcome in 'British Summer Time'. Never before have my thermals been worn quite so regularly! Thank heavens for warm drinks, good food and a roaring log fire every evening otherwise I would be a Tamryn shaped icicle. Anyway, whilst I type one handed (other hand wrapped around a mug of tea), here's the week that was...

  • Seeing some hard work pay off in the form of beautiful new brochure proofs for a lovely client.
  • Watching son run his annual school cross country race and being blown away by his sense of fair play and friendship.
  • Arranging to meet the gorgeous Tiffany Grant-Riley next week (whooop whooop!)
  • Booking onto my first Clandestine Cake Club meeting. Can't wait to get baking for that.
  • Getting inspired by my step-daughter's school reading project and having a great 'favourite book' debate by the fire.
  • Falling more in love with my gorgeous dog and signing up to learn more with Pets in Practise.
  • Joining up with a group of incredibly wonderful women to work on a very special new project.
  • Having a great telephone coaching conversation with a client in Wales.
  • Receiving some really fabulous feedback about our 'Finding Your Voice' series.
  • Being interviewed for and accepting the post of Poppy Appeal co-ordinator for my area. Very proud.
  • Writing my little piece for the Dambusters 70th Anniversary memorial.
  • Having a day at the Waitrose Cookery School with the lovely Adriana Rabinovich teaching us all about gluten-free breads and pastry. I met lots of great people and loved every minute of it.
  • Reading the beautiful 'I Capture The Castle' by Dodie Smith and loving my new literary heroine, Cassandra Mortmain.









No comments:

Post a Comment